If you ever wanted to know how exactly to get your hair looking like, well what I seam to find people calling it “the Kim Kardashian” hair. Look no further with Salon Grafix and Caravan Stylist Studio we have your tutorial right here.
This is a great style on long hair, but also works on medium length hair. This look will never go out of style so you might as well learn how to do it on yourself!
When Styling your hair everyday I always say “Don’t wash your hair everyday, because that can dry it out,” I recommend using Healthy Hair Nutrition Conditioning Cleanser a few days a week and Healthy Hair Nutrition Intensive Hair Repair Masque once a week. To restore strength, enhance elasticity, manageable and add shine.
When starting with a damp head of hair apply 450° Heat Protect Spray. This product helps to shield your hair from the damage caused by blow-drying and irons. Using a large toothed comb to de tangle the hair and not break the delicate strands while combing.
Blow drying your hair, separate your hair into 4-6 sections. Using a large round brush start blow-drying at the top/roots, about six inches away from your scalp. Maintain this distance throughout, so nothing burns. Never blow dry in an upward motion, as this causes more damage. Plus, by drying the hair on your scalp, it prevents the moisture from soaking the rest of your hair.
Start with the front section once you have dried the front section take your large Velcro roller and roll your hair in this away from your face. Keep this in place till its time to start with the curling. I find it keeps any frizz from starting and gives your hair a longer style life for all day style. Finish drying the sections of your hair.
Now onto the sexy curls.
Using a large barrel curling iron. Part the hair as evenly down the middle as possible, then start curling about 1 inch pieces away from your head-not forward. Start wrapping at the bottom of the 1-inch hair piece on the barrel of the curling iron and wrap it all the way up the barrel in a spiral manner. Hold it for about 15-20 seconds then let it go gently to let the curl fall down you can also alternate the direction of the other curls to get a more messy effect and not so uniform look. Spray each section with Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray before moving onto the next section of hair. Repeat this until all of your hair is curled.
*Trick – after curling these pieces, DO NOT MESS with them for at least 15 minutes after curling so they have time to cool and set. This will keep your curls/waves for much longer if you don’t touch them right after they’ve been curled.*
At the crown section of hair if you would like a more voluminous look, then take your teasing comb and begin to tease the hair, until the amount of volume is desired. Spray Salon Grafix Shaping Hair Spray onto teased section of hair.
Shake your head from side to side to give hair added depth and dimension, then rake fingers through hair, to smooth pieces into place. Lightly mist Chroma-Logica High Gloss Hair Spray for a finishing touch. Now you have beautiful sexy waves that will make heads turn.
Tools you will need:
– Heat protecting hair product – Salon Grafix 450° Heat Protect Spray before blow-drying or straightening.
– Brush – I usually use my round brush or paddle brush.
– Teasing comb (for those of us who need more oomph with their hairstyle)
– Hair Spray – Salon Grafix two different sprays when achieving this look 1. Shaping Hair Spray when using the iron and 2. Chroma-Logica High Gloss Hair Spray for a finishing spray.
– Curling Iron – I am using a 1-inch barrel Curling Iron on a high setting. The longer your hair, the bigger your barrel should be, but a 1-inch barrel can easily be used on medium to long hair. (The bigger the barrel, the juicier the curls)
– Blow Dryer
– Velcro Roller – One large sized Velcro roller, using this for the front section of hair once you have blow-dried and/or curled it.
– Butterfly clips/Duckbilled clips