Coconut & Carmel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup unpopped kernels= ~10 cups popcorn
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (earth balance, soy-free spread)
- 3 T agave nectar, amber
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup So Delicious Dairy Free vanilla coconut milk creamer (room temperature or warmed in the microwave)
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes, unsweetened, toasted
- 1 tsp vanilla
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1. Pop favorite popcorn from yellow corn kernels over stove top or use favorite microwave popcorn brand. Spread on baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, melt vegan spread and stir in the agave, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until dissolved.
3. Take the pan off the heat and slowly whisk in the creamer until well combined. Return to heat, and continue to whisk for 10 minutes or until sauce reaches an amber color and thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
4. Stir in coconut flakes and vanilla. Let cool slightly before drizzling over popcorn.
5. Drizzle mixture over popcorn and blend in with a spatula. Serve immediately.
Substitute French vanilla or hazelnut creamer for a fun, nuttier flavor.
For a crunchier version, spread evenly onto 1 or 2 cookie sheets and bake at 250 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
You can also add sea salt after it cools for a salted caramel flavor!
Recipe can be found HERE