Seven Grain Crispy Tenders Pita Pocket
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
- 1 pkggardein seven grain crispy tenders
- 2 Tbspolive oil
- 2 Tbspmayonnaise (or vegan option)
- 2 Tbspplain yogurt (or vegan option)
- 2 tspdijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbspfinely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbspfinely chopped fresh tarragon
- To tastesalt and black pepper
- 1/2 granny smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 cuptoasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsphoney
- 4 pitas, halved
- To tastecurly leaf or butter lettuce
Preheat oven to 430F. When oven is fully heated, bake seven grain crispy tenders for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp, turning once. Remove to plate to cool.
Combine oil, yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon, and lemon zest in bowl. Whisk together to blend. Stir in tarragon. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Fold chopped apple, and walnuts into yogurt mixture. Drizzle with honey and gently fold in.
Line pita halves with lettuce and tuck filling into pocket and top with warm crispy tenders. Serve immediately.