This wonderful So Delicious soup recipe will the perfect thing to serve on those cold winter days.
Roasted Garlic Avocado Soup with Herbed Yogurt Croutons
- 1 1/2 T garlic
- 4 T avocado oil
- 2 cups avocado (pitted, and scooped from the shell)
- 1 cup cucumber (1/2 inch slices)
- 2 1/4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free cashew milk
- 3/4 cups So Delicious Dairy Free plain cultured coconut milk
- 1 T, 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T kosher salt
- 1 tsp white pepper, ground
- 3 T cashews, roasted, chopped
Herb Yogurt Crackers Ingredients:
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 T sugar (granulated, organic)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 6 T vegan butter (cold, cut into 1/2 pieces)
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free plain cultured coconut milk
- 1 T sesame seeds, roasted
- 1 T herbs, dried (oregano, rosemary, tarragon)
- 3 tsp salt, kosher
Prep Time: Soup- 10 minutes, crackers 1 hour, 10 minutes
Cook Time: Soup- 30 minutes, crackers-1 hour
Serving size: 4 servings
1. In a small saucepan, add garlic and avocado oil, and place over medium heat. Poach (“roast”) garlic until just golden brown. Strain garlic from oil, save garlic oil for topping soup.
2. Add all ingredients (avocado through white pepper) to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Season to taste.
4. Serve cold in bowls, topped with chopped cashews, some more garlic oil and with a healthy portion of yogurt crackers on the side.
5. Enjoy! Yum! Summer!
Notes: Soup can be stored, refrigerated, for a couple days. If it begins to brown, add a bit more vinegar and mix.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 if using a convection oven).
2. Add sifted almond flour to bowl, along with all dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
3. Using your (clean) hands, cut butter into dry mix, rubbing between your fingers until the consistency of very coarse sand or little pebbles.
4. Using a wooden spoon, add yogurt and mix until just combined. Dough will be super wet and sticky-and delicious!
5. Form into one big (or two smaller) oval shaped mound, about 1 inch thick, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6. Remove from refrigerator, and between two pieces of parchment paper on a sheet pan, roll (or press with another sheet pan) dough to a consistent thickness, around 1/16 inch.
7. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into squares, rectangles, triangles (any shape you want!) then, using a fork, poke lots of little holes in the dough and then top with sesame seeds, herbs and salt.
8. Bake for about an hour, turning pan halfway through the process. Bake until golden brown, and dry to the touch.
Recipe can be found HERE